Watford FC seeks full-time senior academy physiotherapist
Are you an ‘enthusiastic and hard-working’ physiotherapist with ambitions to work with professional footballers on a full-time basis? If so, the Hertfordshire-based Watford FC would like to hear from you.
The club, currently in riding high in the Championship after being relegated from the Premier League at the end of last season, is seeking a senior academy physiotherapist to work with the under-18 and under-23 players.
The closing date is 26 February
The successful candidate will be based at the club’s London Colney training ground, which is sited next to Arsenal’s equivalent facilities. But if you are interested, you will need to get your boots on: the advertisement closes on 26 February.
Required qualifications and attributes
• a BSc (Hons) in physiotherapy
• membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
• membership of Health and Care Professions Council
• pitch-side emergency aid qualification FA ATMMiF (or enrolled on to the course)
• FA safeguarding certificate
• previous experience in the sporting domain, preferably with senior athletes
• familiarity with musculoskeletal screening, movement analysis and correction of aberrant motor patterns
• competent in prescribing strength and conditioning programmes
• an ability to build networks, obtain and manage important information
• UK driving licence or ability to travel due to the demands of the role
As well as being enthusiastic, hard-working and a good communicator, applicants would ideally live locally and hold an MSc in physiotherapy or be working towards one.
Previous experience in a senior medical role at a similar club would be a boon, as would having a comprehensive understanding of the implications of the Elite Player Performance Plan legislation.
For the full job profile, email: email@example.com